Opportunities Focus is announcing the Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship for international students interested in pursuing a fully-funded master’s degree in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields. The scholarship aims to facilitate talented young people to contribute to sustainable development by establishing a community of like-minded individuals motivated to bring positive change in the world.
The Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship provides an incredible opportunity for international students who want to pursue a master’s degree in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields. This fully funded scholarship program aims to facilitate international students to help them contribute to sustainable development. In this article, we will discuss the eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process for the Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship.
Details of the Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship
- Host Country : Thailand
- Financial Coverage : Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship
Before applying for the Scholarship, interested students should check the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be citizens of ADB member countries (borrowing from ADB).
- They must have a bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- They shall have two years of professional work experience.
- In addition, applicants must be physically fit and healthy.
- They must be proficient in English.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants residing in countries other than their home country for working purposes are ineligible for this Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Program.
- Those who are already enrolled in a graduate program cannot apply.
- Finally, they must agree to return to their home countries upon completing their studies.
Benefits of Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship
The Scholarship provides various benefits to the selected students, including:
- The ADB-JSP scholarship will cover the tuition fee.
- Free accommodation/housing on-campus in dorms or a reasonable allowance for off-campus housing.
- Students will receive medical and accidental insurance.
- Books allowance may also be provided.
- ADB will cover economy-class air travel costs from the home country to Thailand.
- Miscellaneous international travel costs such as airport tax, visa fee, and luggage allowance.
- Thesis/Research allowance to cover students’ research expenses and supplies.
- Opportunity to study abroad free of cost.
How to Apply
The application process for the Scholarship is straightforward and online. Interested students should follow the steps below:
- Request information and an application form from their chosen DI.
- Indicate to AIT that they are applying for admission and want to be considered for the ADB-JSP scholarship program.
- Submit all required documents, including the ADB-JSP information sheet.
- Submit the application before the deadline.
Students who want to apply for the Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship must submit the following documents:
- Copy of degree certificate and transcript of a four-year undergraduate program.
- English proficiency score IELTS overall 6.0 or TOEFL above 550.
- Work experience certificate by the employer.
- Income statement (latest Income Tax Return or certification of their annual/monthly salary).
- ADB-JSP information sheet.
Conclusion: The Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students who want to pursue a master’s degree in various fields. The eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process for this fully funded scholarship program are discussed above. Interested students should apply before the deadline and not miss this chance to study abroad and contribute to sustainable development.