Cardiff Metropolitan University Sports Scholarship are partially funded international student scholarships. These scholarships are available at Cardiff Metropolitan University for undergraduate and master’s studies. These scholarships will provide students with a £5,000 discount on their programme tuition fees as well as access to world-class facilities.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is for undergraduate, postgraduate, and international students who excel in sport (performance and/or coaching). Students who meet the criteria can apply for the award, which is based on a combination of academic merit and athletic achievements
Summary of Cardiff Metropolitan University Sports Scholarship
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All courses offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Number of Scholarships: 32
- Deadline: 30th June 2023.
Scholarship Coverage for Cardiff Metropolitan University Sports Scholarship
Elite Sport Scholar Award provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Up to £5,000 discount from their programme tuition fees.
- Access to excellent facilities.
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics.
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
- Active yoga and recovery sessions.
- Performance workshops
Eligibility Criteria for Cardiff Metropolitan University Sports Scholarship
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
To be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
- be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
- be competing in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives.
- be competing at international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional).
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to successful progression onto the next year of study.
- The award will not be provided to anyone having to re-sit a whole year, unless you have full mitigating circumstances for all re-sit credits. Further information on mitigating circumstances can be found in the Academic Handbook.
How to Apply
Please follow the following application procedure to avail Elite Sport Scholar Award.
(1) Complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form here.
(2) Submit it to the Head of Performance Sport with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details to allow for a recommendation to be requested.
Note: You will receive an automatic notification by email. If you do not receive this notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can confirm receipt. You will then receive confirmation that you are eligible, subject to meeting the Terms and Conditions.
Final confirmation of receipt of award will be confirmed once assessments are undertaken and prior to start your course.