International students from all over the world are welcome to apply for the Commonwealth Fully Funded Distance Learning Scholarship in the Uk that will cover full tuition fees and all other necessary expenses.
International students can apply for the Commonwealth Fully Funded Distance Learning Scholarship in the United Kingdom. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships in the United Kingdom are designed to provide excellent opportunities for qualified postgraduate students seeking professional development in their fields. This scholarship is intended to help individuals who have the potential to develop practical skills but are unable to do so in their home country. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are awarded to applicants from low-income, least-developed, and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries for part-time master’s degrees by distance learning at UK universities.
The Commonwealth Distance Learning international scholarship programme 2023-2024 is an excellent opportunity for committed and talented individuals to learn the skills required to meet sustainable development standards. During their learning experience, students gain extensive knowledge and leadership skills that help their countries develop. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships allow students to study for a Master’s degree in the United Kingdom while living and working in their home country.
The Commonwealth Fully-Funded International Scholarships 2023-2024 are available in six development themes supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Commonwealth, and Development (FCDO). These scholarships are focused on six (6) thematic areas: science and technology for development, strengthening health systems and capacity, promoting global prosperity, strengthening global peace, security, and governance, enhancing resilience and response to crises, and access, inclusion, and opportunity. International Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Eligible international students will have the opportunity to gain access to world-class teaching standards and education systems in the United Kingdom.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2023-2024 Details
- Scholarship Host country: United Kingdom
- Funded by: UK Department for International Development
- Course Level: Master Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students.
Benefits of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022-2023
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are Online Master Degree Scholarships that will cover full tuition fees and all other necessary expenses for studying a UK Master’s programme via distance learning in the United Kingdom.
Available Study Areas
- Science and Technology For Development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity.
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- A candidate must have Citizenship, or refugee status in, an eligible developing Commonwealth country.
- A candidate must be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- A candidate should have a first degree of at least the upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and satisfactory relevant experience may be considered in some cases;
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Eligible Countries
- Malawi Mozambique
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
The application deadline to apply for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2023-2024 is 28 March 2023.
What is the application process for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships?
- The application process for the CDLS generally includes the following steps:
- Check your eligibility: Before applying, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship. This includes being a citizen of a Commonwealth country, holding a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, and being unable to afford to study in the UK without financial assistance.
- Research courses: Identify a distance learning Master’s course that you wish to study from a UK university. You can search for courses on the CSC’s website or directly on the websites of UK universities.
- Apply to the course: Apply directly to your chosen UK university for the Master’s course, making sure to follow their specific application process and deadline.
- Apply for the scholarship: Once you have been offered a place on a Master’s course, you can apply for the scholarship through the CSC’s online application system. The application form will require you to provide personal and academic information, as well as two references and a personal statement.
- Submit your application: Make sure that you submit your scholarship application by the deadline. The deadline for CDLS applications usually falls around March or April each year, but check the CSC’s website for the specific deadline for the year you are applying.
- Wait for the outcome: After the application deadline, the CSC will assess all applications and inform successful candidates of their award. Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified.