A fellowship program called Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship in USA, which aims to assist ventures that focus on finding solutions to contemporary problems, with a particular preference for those that focus on social and environmental causes. The program offers various benefits, including a $10,000 stipend, a free residence in Washington DC, individual mentors, leadership coaching, legal support, and training sessions. Posted by Opportunities Focus.
Are you looking for an opportunity to travel to the United States while working on a project that addresses a contemporary problem? Then the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship might be just the thing for you! This program provides residential fellowships for individuals who want to start something new and make a difference in the world. In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, including eligibility criteria, venture criteria, benefits, and how to apply.
Stages of HFR Fellowship
There will be a 5 months residency phase. In this phase, the fellows will live in Halcyon Headquarters, Washington DC. They will have an approach to expert advisors. For 5 months, fellows will participate in family breakfast, pitch, skills series, sessions, office hours etc.
This will be a post-residency phase of 13 months. In this phase, fellows will still have access to a free workspace at Halcyon. Some additions will provide a sustainable network and funding to the ventures.
Details f the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship in USA
- Host Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship in USA
To be eligible for the Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must be current residents of the U.S or be able to get a visa for the residency phase (11 September 2022 to 14 January 2023).
- The project must be in its early stage.
- Projects that focus on environmental causes along with business success will be preferred.
- Applicants must be the CEO of the venture and possess decision-making power.
- They must commit to full-time work for the venture during the time of residency (11 September 2022 – 14 January 2023).
- Fellows who are willing to postpone their undergraduate or graduate course work for the residency should apply.
- English fluency is compulsory.
- The minimum age for this fellowship is 21 years.
- You can apply either individually or with a co-founder who meets the criteria mentioned above.
- Applicants must contribute to the development of the Halcyon community.
- The project must be the applicant’s original idea.
- The venture must be earning less than $500,000 annually.
- The venture should not be under the direction of an existing organization.
- Ventures must be appropriately planned to be generating revenue from selling products or services.
- The venture should not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture.
- The aim of the venture should be to create social or environmental development.
Benefits of Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship in USA
- A $10,000 stipend
- Free residence in Washington DC during the fellowship
- Opportunity to build a network of social enterprises
- Leadership coaching opportunity
- 1 year of legal support from the host organization
- Individual mentors for fellows
- Training sessions for skill development
- Chance to connect with investors and professional advisors
How to Apply
- The project can focus on any sector.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their aim to cast an impact through the product or service.
- The host will examine the scalability of spreading their impact.
- The proposed project should be focused on solving a real problem.
- The effectiveness of the solution will play a vital role.
- Applicants must make their project innovative enough to sell a product or service.
- The application will be examined thoroughly, as it is the first impression of their project.
- Explain how the proposed problem is different from the current solutions or why it should be considered if there is not a solution already.