The IMB International PhD Program in Germany, which is open to international students interested in pursuing a PhD in Mainz. The program offers PhD studies in contemporary biology with a focus on gene regulation, epigenetics, and genome stability, covering various fields such as biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, system biology, and applied physics, and covering costs for accommodation and travel. Opportunities Focus is posting information about it.
Are you an international student interested in pursuing a PhD in Mainz, Germany? Then the International PhD Program might be perfect for you. This program offers talented and passionate students the opportunity to pursue cutting-edge research on gene regulation, epigenetics, and genome stability.
The IMB International PhD Program covers a wide range of skills in biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, system biology, and applied physics. As a participant, you will have the opportunity to investigate various techniques such as CRISPR/Cas, NGS, gene network modeling, mass spectrometry, and super-resolution microscopy. The Institute of Molecular Biology, a newly established center of excellence in life sciences, coordinates the program.
Details of the IMB International PhD Program
- Host Country : Mainz, Germany
- Host Institution : IMB
- Educational Level: PhD
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
The IMB International PhD Program covers costs for accommodation and travel.
Eligibility Criteria for IMB International PhD Program
To qualify for the IMB International PhD Program, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Information required for application
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honors or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words).
How to Apply
To apply for the IMB International PhD Program, follow these instructions:
- Online registration from the official website.
- Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees who know you well.
- Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalized online application form by e-mail.
- The application form will ask you to provide the necessary information and documents, including a curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB) and a single file (max size 4 MB) containing university studies as far as completed (including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records), an English language test certificate (if available), and a high school certificate (if available).
- Shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 19 – 21 June 2023.
- The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you could imagine to work with.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to pursue your PhD in contemporary biology at the IMB International PhD Program in Mainz, Germany. Register now!