Opportunities Focus is sharing information about the Newcastle University Fully Funded Sanctuary Scholarship, which provides fully funded support for asylum seekers, refugees, and their children to study at Newcastle University in the UK. The scholarship covers full tuition fees and living expenses, and applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria and complete an application form.
Are you an asylum seeker, child of an asylum seeker or a refugee? Do you dream of studying in the UK but struggle to access mainstream funding? Look no further than the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships!
Newcastle University is committed to promoting equal access to higher education and is proud to offer Sanctuary Scholarships to students who face financial and personal barriers to higher education. These scholarships provide full tuition fee support and a bursary for living expenses, allowing successful applicants to study at one of the UK’s leading Russell Group universities without financial stress.
Details about the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host Institute: Newcastle University
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Programme of Study
Newcastle University Fully Funded Sanctuary Scholarship applications will be considered from students applying to the following programmes:
- undergraduate degree programmes
- postgraduate degree programmes
- doctorate level programmes (e.g. PhD)
The following applicants are not eligible to apply for Sanctuary Scholarship funding:
- Study abroad and exchange students
- Applicants for non-degree awards (Higher Education Diploma, Higher Education Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma)
For more information about the scheme, please see the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarship Regulations. (PDF: 141KB)
Benefits of the Newcastle University Fully Funded Sanctuary Scholarships
- Full tuition fee support for eligible applicants
- Bursary for living expenses for eligible applicants
Eligibility Criteria for Newcastle University Fully Funded Sanctuary Scholarships
To be eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an asylum seeker, child of an asylum seeker or refugee
- Live in the UK at the time of application
- Have applied for a place on a Newcastle University degree program
- Meet the predicted grades and English language requirements for the program
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, such as Student Finance England or local authority grants
Priority is given to applicants from the North East of England and those applying for their first degree.
How to Apply
To apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship, applicants must complete our online application form and provide proof of immigration status and a reference from someone who has known the applicant for a significant period of time. Personal circumstances will also be taken into account.
For more information about the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarship Scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to study for free at one of the UK’s leading universities. Apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship today!