Remote Senior Software Engineer Job at Fyllo. Fyllo is a technology company that provides a data marketplace and regulatory database to high-growth companies in regulated industries like cannabis, crypto, and short-term rentals. Fyllo’s mission is to accelerate the economies of tomorrow by delivering innovative solutions that drive growth and profitability. This summary is for Opportunities Focus.
If you’re someone who is passionate about driving change and having fun while doing it, we want you to join the Fyllo team! We are looking for individuals who have a bias to act and believe in the power of collaboration to achieve our mission. Contact us today to learn more about our exciting career opportunities.
Fyllo has recently acquired Ninesixteen and this role will be supporting new as well as existing Ninesixteen initiatives. Ninesixteen is transforming physical retail by making it easy and instantaneous for consumers to search, discover & purchase products. The future of retail will be experiential retail with limited staff & in-store inventory and rich unique in-person content experiences.
By making it seamless to find the right information and easier to purchase with one tap, Ninesixteen is driving up in-store conversion rates. Currently operational in over 100+ retail stores and expanding quickly. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to take on wide technical ownership and build the core technology around digital interfaces in physical locations.
Day to Day with the Remote Senior Software Engineer Job at Fyllo
- Technical lead on a small startup team working on the core backend API that manages and provides the data layer for our suite of products – web, and mobile.
- You will be responsible for making architectural decisions on scalability, performance, and security around components in the backend layer,
- Working closely with the technical leadership.
- Design and implementation of integration layers with marketing and payment tools Ex : Klaviyo, Marketo, Stripe, etc
- You will build the core analytics and metrics infrastructure needed to maintain the microservices at scale and implement the alarms and switches needed for a production scale system.
- Closely collaborate with consumers of the backend API – App developers and Web developers to create clean and maintainable API’s.
- Collaborate with the Product team to provide quality, scalable, and efficient solutions
- Work with other junior engineers to make daily technical decisions affecting the core infrastructure
- You’ll have broad responsibilities on architectural decisions and regularly contribute to building and maintaining a roadmap
Preferred Experience for Remote Senior Software Engineer Job at Fyllo
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably in Node.js, Java, and/or Golang; must have expertise in one of these languages and working knowledge of the other.
- 2+ years of experience architecting and building scalable data architecture
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP and data pipelines for processing and managing data at scale
- Experience building APIs in Java / nodeJS as well as scalable and clean backend applications
- Knowledge of the scalability of applications with content distribution, load balancers, containerization, JVM optimization, and other performance optimizations required for enterprise-scale
- Understanding of performance optimizations and security constraints in enterprise software
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment with a focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: fluid interactions with product and operations teams, communicating and digesting real-time feedback, and prioritizing to keep short-term wins and long-term goals in mind
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases. Experience optimizing and scaling database schemas, read patterns, and sharding mechanisms/replicas. Knowledge of MongoDB preferred
- Experience working with DevOps practices, CI/CD, Terraform, and Docker is nice to have.
Perks & Benefits for Remote Senior Software Engineer Job at Fyllo
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Home office stipend
- 401K matching
- Remote or Hybrid work schedule
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage
- Dental & vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter programs
- Learning & development programs
Our Recruiting team would love to connect with you! If your interests and experience are aligned with a current open role, one of our Recruiters will arrange a 20-25 minute introductory call with you. Following that there will be a 30 minute introduction call with the Hiring Manager. Assuming all goes well, we will then set you up to speak with 2-3 potential peers from your team and/or cross functional teams for a technical interview, with each call being 30 minutes. As a final step, you will wrap up with for a more in-depth discussion about our culture and team which should be about 30-45 minutes.
On average, from initial Recruiter Screen to Offer, takes 7-10 business days depending on candidate availability – we like to move fast across our business 🙂 We understand the hectic lives we all lead and appreciate you taking the time to meet with us in pursuing opportunities with the Fyllo Fam. Thank you!